IJS JAZZ EVENTS FOR 2012-2013
JAZZ RESEARCH ROUNDTABLES; Dana Library, Dana Room; 7-9 p.m.; free
· Jan. 23, 7 p.m.; Steven Pond: A History of Jazz Marketing
· Feb. 13, 7 p.m.; Brent Hayes Edwards: The Loft Jazz Era
· March 6, 7 p.m.; Heli Reimann: The issues of European Jazz
· April 17, 7 p.m.; Ben Bierman: Experimental Jazz Composers — John Benson Brooks, George Handy, and others
Dana Library, Dana Room; 2-4 p.m., except as noted; free admission
· March 6, 2:30 p.m., “From One Room to the Next: Old time jazz done in a modern way, ”Saxophonist Allen Lowe and his All-Star Band perform with Prof. Lewis Porter, keyboards
· April 2, 2-4 p.m., Mimi Jones on bass and vocals
· April 4, 5-7 p.m.; University Club, Paul Robeson Campus Center, An Evening of Music & Art featuring The Stanley Cowell Jazz Trio. A meet-the-artists reception follows in The Paul Robeson Gallery
· April 17, 2:30 p.m., Don Friedman and Strings play music by Prof. Lewis Porter; World Premiere of Lewis Porter’s Movements for Jazz Trio and String Quartet
Events are supported in part by grants from the R-N Cultural Programming Committee. Additional support for selected programs has been received from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts.
GETTING TO RUTGERS UNIVERSITY IN NEWARK
BY MASS TRANSIT: New Jersey Transit buses and trains, PATH and Amtrak from New York City, and the Newark Light Rail, Washington Street Station or Broad Street Station.
BY CAR: Maps and driving directions at: www.newark.rutgers.edu/maps/index.php